Loving your skin is the utmost gift any girl can give to herself. Others just ignore it for some reasons. They say it’s just an expenditure, either lazy to find a perfect cream or lazy in applying. But of course, there are also girls who love to take care of their skin and patient enough in applying day and night. And I’m one of them 🙂 (kaway-kaway) . Today I’ll share my 5 basic skincare regimen.
” I’m a big believer in that if you focus on good skin care, you really won’t need a lot of make-up” -Demi Moore
- Double Cleansing – Why double cleansing? What is double cleansing? Others is not familiar what is this all about. Before I understand what is double cleansing, I used to wash my face once in the morning and once in the evening, regardless of how oily it is or how thick my make-up on. I’m not a fan of cleansing wipes or cleansing oil to remove make-up. Why? Because wipes has an alcohol content that make your face dry. Though organic wipes are available in the market but admit it, it’s not budget friendly as well as cleansing oils. For alternatives, we have olive oil, coconut oil, sunflower oil, avocado oil, etc. These oils does not clog pores not to mention that it’s natural alternative. But my face doesn’t love how it works on my skin. The reason why I researched more about “double cleansing”. It is a way of cleaning your face twice. Whether I’m wearing light or heavy make-up, I double cleanse my face. First cleansing is removing all the dirt’s,oil,make-up and second cleansing is where the deep cleaning happens. As i observed my skin, is more clearer now. It’s been months since I’m doing this method. No more zits and the pimple dries faster.
- Exfoliating – Basically exfoliating is to remove dead skin, once a week. But I do it twice a week. For me, waiting 6 days to exfoliate again is long enough since I’m commuting almost everyday, wearing make-up, the pollution, oil and dirt. Ugh!! I can’t stand those dead skins live in my skin. It’s good to know having clearer and brighter skin because that’s what exfoliating does.
- Toning – Is toner important? YES!! Others neglect the importance of toner. And worse, they don”t understand what toner does to our skin. Toner removes the dirt that remains in the skin, balances the PH level and shrink the pores. Toning comes in many ways, it can be applied in a soft cotton ball, sprays directly on the face and lastly as a mask. I opt for a light and natural toner as always. I even tried the DIY toners to save and it works wonder as well.
- Moisturizing – If you’ve been reading my blog you know that I have an oily skin. Looking for a moisturizer that suits well on my skin is a crucial part. I’ve been through a lot of products and change it from time to time. Moisturizer brings back the suppleness of your skin and moisturizes obviously the skin. I’ll let my toner sit for about 2-3 minutes before I put my moisturizer and let it dry itself. Don’t look for an expensive one immediately. Just because it’s expensive doesn’t mean it works well. Know your skin type first before you look for a perfect moisturizer, know your age and know your skin’s needs. Here’s a link of my favorite moisturizer.
- Sunscreen – Don’t let going out without your sunscreen protection. SPF means Sun Protection Factor. The numbers don’t refer to how long you can spend outside without getting a sunburn, they refer to the amount of protection the product offers. Even if you’re using the highest amount of SPF don’t be complacent cause the longer you stay under the sun the spf tends to lower it’s effectivity. Sunscreen protects your cells from early skin aging and wrinkles. If you can, Stay away from the Sun!
Remember a well-taken care skin is a happy skin. Extend your youthfulness by treating yourself while your young. Don’t wait for more skin problems. A good skincare now will be harvested few years from now. Reap what you sow.
What’s your skincare regimen? Comment down below and share your ideas with me. Love your skin everyone 🙂